What is The Limes doing about Coronavirus?
At The Limes we are following Government policy and guidelines to reduce the risk of spreading the virus. This includes:
- Increased hand washing, ensuring children and staff wash their hands properly and regularly.
- Increased cleaning of key areas, especially door handles, light switches, toilets and sinks.
- Regular lessons about the importance of hand washing, including assemblies, science experiments etc.
- Restriction of unnecessary visitors to the school. Where visitors are essential, requirement to follow our hand washing routines.
- Postponement of key events – these will be rearranged or alternatives sought when appropriate.
- Self-isolation if any member of a household displays key symptoms (a new, continuous cough or a high temperature) for a full 14 days.
- Any child or member of staff who develop these symptoms during the school day will be sent home (as will all members of their household).
- Self-isolation rules apply to staff and children. Any absences due to self-isolation will be authorised.
- Encouraging parents not to linger when dropping children off.
We will only close if directed by Public Health England, or if a safety risk assessment indicates (in the case of reduced staffing numbers due to self-isolation and/or illness). Any closures not mandated by Public Health England will be decided with REAch2 and will be to ensure the safety of all our school community. Please see our School Closures page for more information about how this will be communicated with parents.
Further information about how we can limit the spread of the virus:
Resources to support your child’s learning at home are being put together and will be available online shortly.