Our Vision, Values and Aims
At The Limes, we believe that every child should be celebrated: children are individual and unique and deserve equal opportunities to succeed, becoming independent, life-long learners, exceeding expectations and attaining the very best results they can, academically, creatively and personally.
Our mission statement, “Growing Learners for Life”, underpins everything we do and strive to do.
- To value and recognise the uniqueness and achievement of every member of our academy family
- To raise the aspirations of everyone within our academy community so everyone strives for personal excellence in everything they do
- To promote British and Co-operative Values and attitudes of care, tolerance, trust and respect within the academy and wider communities.
- To provide a safe, inclusive and nurturing environment, where all children will be motivated, supported and challenged to achieve their potential in all areas of learning – intellectual, emotional, physical, social, moral, spiritual and cultural.
- To provide outstanding learning and teaching which enables all students, regardless of gender, race, background or ability, to excel
- To equip children with the resilience and perseverance to become creative and independent thinkers and to become learners for life within an ever-changing world.
- To provide an inspiring, innovative and immersive curriculum, with an emphasis on the basic skills of English, mathematics and science, designed to promote a life-long love of learning.
- To develop learning activities which stimulate positive models of enquiry, reflection, challenge and innovation.
The Limes models itself on the touchstones of REAch2, whereby as a Trust and an individual academy, we are committed to creating a culture that strongly reflects our Touchstones, seven principles that makes our academy unique and sets us apart from others. Our touchstones are used to express the values and ethos of the Trust and of The Limes, and describe what we will be known for and how we operate:
All children are made aware of the academy’s positive behaviour expectations. These are:
- We always try our best
- We listen and learn
- We care for others and our school
Underpinning our three core expectations are six ‘Learning Powers’. These are key approaches to learning and personal attitudes which will enable all members of The Limes to be successful life-long learners at school and beyond. We regularly review these and discuss these with the children, ensuring there is a wide range of learning activities and challenges that foster all these learning powers across the curriculum.
- Collaboration: we learn together
- Curiosity: we are inquisitive and want to find out
- Responsibility: we take control of our own learning
- Resourcefulness: we are creative in our thinking
- Reflectiveness: we evaluate our own learning
- Resilience: we learn from our mistakes
Fundamental British Values
As part of the value system, the academy actively promotes and encourages the fundamental British values which permeate through all aspects of school life, and link seamlessly with the core values of The Limes. These are:
- The Rule of Law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Understanding of those of different faiths and beliefs
These values are regularly promoted through high quality teaching, a rounded programme of collective worship and assemblies and a positive behaviour for learning policy. This provision allows pupils to develop and demonstrate skills and attitudes that will allow them to participate fully in and contribute positively to life in modern Britain. As well as teaching our pupils, our active promotion of these values also means we challenge pupils, staff or parents who express contrary opinions.