Our mission statement, “Growing Learners for Life”, underpins everything we do and strive to do. Children know that this is the reason that students and staff come to school every day.
Children at The Limes understand our Core Values to be three ‘Learning Powers’. These are key approaches to learning and personal attitudes which will enable all members of The Limes to be successful life-long learners at school and beyond.
These Learning Powers are celebrated in our weekly assemblies and woven throughout the school.
- I am Responsible: I always try my best.
- I am Reflective: I want to improve.
- I am Resilient: I never give up!
- To value and recognise the uniqueness and achievement of every member of our academy family
- To raise the aspirations of everyone within our academy community so everyone strives for personal excellence in everything they do
- To promote British and Co-operative Values and attitudes of care, tolerance, trust and respect within the academy and wider communities.
- To provide a safe, inclusive and nurturing environment, where all children will be motivated, supported and challenged to achieve their potential in all areas of learning – intellectual, emotional, physical, social, moral, spiritual and cultural.
- To provide outstanding learning and teaching which enables all students, regardless of gender, race, background or ability, to excel
- To equip children with the resilience and perseverance to become creative and independent thinkers and to become learners for life in an ever-changing world.
- To provide an inspiring, innovative and immersive curriculum, with an emphasis on the basic skills of English, mathematics and science, designed to promote a life-long love of learning.
- To develop learning activities which stimulate positive models of enquiry, reflection, challenge and innovation.